Thursday, December 31, 2009

Why Not


So I was looking at blog post because I haven't done that since last week and I came across this at Shadow-war blog and well it looked good so I am doing it too.

1. How long have you been blogging? What made you start? Who inspired you?


Well I started blogging back in May of 2009.  I had been playing WAR for about 5 months at the time and was enjoying it.  Around that time I started to really get involved with the community at warhammer alliance.  I had seen a few blogs and I thought hey I can do this.  I had a lot of free time at work usually so I would do it then.  I wouldn't really say anyone inspired me to do it, it is just something I felt like doing.

2. About how many hours a week would you estimate you spend on your blog?


I would say about 5 hours or so total a week I spend on my blog.  Usually all during work, but there are times at home I do it to like right now.


3. What kind of experience or background do you have with writing?


Zero, none, nada.  I have no background whatsoever.  In fact writing was my worst subject in high school and college.  I never thought I would ever write because I wanted too.  In fact I am sure you all can tell how awful I am at writing with all the grammatical mistakes that I make.


4. Talk about how you come up with blog topics. Where do you get your ideas? What or who inspires you? Where and/or how do your brainstorming?


I come up with my blog ideas through my experiences in real life.  Lately they have been short, but I am working on doing movies and other things as well.  Well actually I do have a movie ready to show you all but it won't load up on here and youtube rejected it because of some copyright issue with the music I guess.  I have other ideas that I am working on.  


5. Do you have any blogging rules or guidelines you follow? Is there anything you will not blog about?


I don't really have anything I won't post about.  I try to keep the blog clean of language and that is about it.  I am thinking about moving to a general blogging site but I am to lazy to do that right now and I probably won't for a while.     Also as you can see there is nothing I won't blog about, like my wing eating challenge.


6. Do you have any sort of a publishing schedule in terms of day of week or topic? Where do you do your writing?


Well I try to post every weekday, when I am at work and weekends it is iffy if and when I do.  I also try and post in the morning.


7. How many drafts of potential blog posts do you have right now? In what medium do you draft your posts? How often do you completely scratch or delete drafts or blog post ideas?


Draft, what is a draft.  I don't even proofread this stuff.  I just type and see what comes out.  I usually try and bust it out in one go but sometimes if it is a longer post I do it in spurts but I don't draft anything, this is all natural. 


8. If you had to leave your blog in your will to another blogger, who would you choose? To ask this in a slightly less morbid way, are there other blogs that you feel are similar to yours in content, style, or voice?


If I had to leave it to someone then it would be Mr. Meh.  The reason being he has funny post and I think it would bring humor to my blog.  I don't think there are any blogs like mine, imo.  I am one of a kind.


9. Has anything surprised you since you started blogging?


I am surprised to see people all the time in game send me tells to help with builds and friend requests.  I think I get at least 3 tells a day with questions regarding the knight.


10. What are your goals or plans for your blog going forward? Any specific goals or plans for your blog in 2010?


Well as I stated earlier I may move to a general gaming blog, but who knows.  I go where the wind takes me.  I would like to see my blog grow some more as well.  I would also like to buy fraps and start doing more movies but money is tight still.  So like I said I will see where the wind takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment